Everything About Peanut Butter
Peanut butter is good for you, peanut butter comes in two main variants which are crunchy and smooth, peanut butter tastes great. It has many applications. Read on for some fun ideas and almost about everything that you should know about peanut butter before buying.
For a detailed answer check out our previous blog on "5 benefits of Peanut butter". To keep it short peanut butter is a protein-rich meat alternative also has fiber, healthy fats (Good Fats), folate and vitamin E.
What to look for When buying Peanut butter.
Like I've mentioned above Peanut butter usually comes in two variants
Crunchy peanut butter has small pieces of crushed nuts. This is a personal choice which one, one should go for.
The best peanut butter is the one with only one Ingredient listed: Roasted Peanuts. If the Peanut butter is only made with Nuts, you will notice oil on the top of the jar, don't worry about it. It is, in fact, a sign of a natural peanut butter. The oil is natural and you can just stir it back in again each time you have it. One great hack is to flip the jar upside-down.
That's the best advice to buy peanut butter, just look for the ingredients and if any product that you pick has the following ingredients
- Hydrogenated oils
- Emulsifiers/ Stabilizers
Just put it back on the shelf. These are not good for the body in the long run, while if you come across some products which contain salt, you can go for that but never go for products which contain hydrogenated oils or emulsifiers.
Tips for your Safety.
To safeguard little children only serve peanut butter spread thinly spread on dry toast and try not to serve it on a plain bread or from a spoon.
Peanut allergy is one of the most common allergies in the world, make sure to know if anyone in the house has a peanut allergy
It is a good idea to ask your doctor about when is the best time to give peanut butter to your child.
How To Store Peanut Butter
About Peanut butter safety, well Peanut butter usually don't require refrigeration just make sure to close the lid really well. You can refrigerate if you want.
Make sure to store in an airtight container (The jar in which the peanut butter comes is usually air-tight). You can store it in a cupboard or a fridge.
Make sure to use it within 6 months, if you are buying All Natural peanut butter with no preservatives.
5 Things you can do with Peanut Butter
1. Use Peanut Butter as a Spread
- Spread over dry toast or plain bread
- Try as a dip with Apple or any sliceable fruits like pear.
2. Make a Smoothie
- Peanut butter banana smoothie is the most popular smoothie, just add milk, yogurt, ice, banana and 1tsp peanut butter and blend it.
3. Use Peanut butter as a snack during office hours
- Instead of eating all the junk food, why not try eating peanut butter during your snack time. It is healthy and tasty at the same time
- Make a Peanut butter sandwich with one slice of bread and to make it fun maybe add apple or banana pieces on top of it.
4. Make Peanut sauce
- Serve with grilled meats
- You can use P.B in noodle or soups as well
5. A few Sandwich Ideas
- Spread it over pancakes, fold and eat
- Spread it on a tortilla, get a banana roll it and eat it
- Peanut butter on one side and Jam on the other side makes a great combination.
That's all for now folks.